TT5 e. Nepal and Tibet Lhasa /Tsetang/Shakya
19 days, 18 nights
A wonderful introduction to the splendour of the range of classic Himalayan culture, people and landscape. Driving through the Tibetan plateau you see the lushness of the foothills as well as the austerity of the high altitude desert. On the drive from Kathmandu to Lhasa you will be struck by the unremitting desert where vast open skies frame dramatic massifs of ice and stone against brown shot through with occasional green barley and blue water. There are temples and palace squares with art rich and varied beyond all imagination, and monasteries where the air, redolent with the odours of butter lamps and juniper incense, carries through the wind centuries of tradition. The fluttering prayer flags everywhere are the most obvious expression of the spirituality and faith that permeates every aspect of the lives of Tibetan Buddhists. The views of 8,000 m peaks like Everest, Xixapangma, and Cho Oyu reinforce the awe-inspiring powers of the natural world. In Nepal, the cosmopolitan hisotyr of the Newars of Kathmandu Valley comes alive in the sophisticated palace squares.
01. Receive at the airport and transfer to the hotel.
02. Free day in kathmandu for the preparation of visa/autorisation. night at Htl..
03. Free day in kathmandu for the preparation of visa/autorisation. night at Htl..
04. Ktm-Lhasa (by flight),drive to Tsetang.Night at htl Tsetang
05. Visit of monasteries Samye, Yumbulakand. Night at htl Tsetang
06. Visit of Mindroling htl Tsetang.Night at htl.
07. Lhasa- visite a Jokhang temple,Barkhor Bazaar, .Night at htl.
08. Visit Potala palace,Drepung Monastery Night at htl.
09 Visit of Sera Monastery and arounds htl.
10 Visit of monastery Ganden. Night at htl.
11 Drive to Reting, Night at damxung(guest house)
12. Bird Sanctuary to Lake Namtso and Night at htl.
13. Lhasa-Gyantse Gyantse Htl.
14. Stupa Kumbun & Phalkhor Monasteries,Drive to Shigatse.Htl Shigatse.
15. Tashilumpo- Drive to Shakya night at G.H. Tingri.
16. Tingri-Everest.-Milarepa Zhangmu -.Htl Zhangmu.
17. Zhangmu/Ktm(by minibus)-night at Htl..
18. Free day in kathmandu. night at Htl..
19. Transfer to the airport for back to home.
Cost on your request
Cost quoted on itineraries includes:
Ł Airport-hotel transfer at arrival and departure
Ł Accommodation in Nepal/ Tibet with breakfast as described in itinerary
Ł All sightseeing as described in itinerary with an English-speaking guide
Ł All city/ monument /monastery entrance fees
Ł All government taxes on said fees
Ł Ground transfers in Tibet using Toyota Land Cruisers, minibus and support truck
Ł Reconfirmation the flight
Cost quoted does not include:
Ł Your international flight into and out of Nepal
Ł Fee for the Tibet permit/ visa. Appro.$ 30
Ł Urgent visa fee if necessary $ 15- $30
Ł Air ticket Kathmandu-Lhasa US $ 327
Ł Travel insurance
Ł Domestic and international airport taxes ($ 24 +$ 15)
Ł Lunch and dinner, and drinks in Kathmandu/ Tibet (US$5-10 per day per person)
Ł Tips, souvenirs or other shopping
Ł Photography and/ or videography charges in the monasteries and other tourist attractions.
Ł Personal expenses incurred for drinks, snacks, tips, etc
Ł Any extra cost involved on the road should there be an unavoidable delay due to, for example, a landslide or similar
Note: the air fare,visa fees,airport taxes are subject to change without prior notice
Risk & Liability:
We , Tin - Tin Trekking do our best to ensure that you have a smooth and pleasant journey. When travelling to Tibet, you should, however, be aware that all tours/trekking there are run strictly as per conditions set by the Tibet Tourism Authority. Therefore neither Tin -Tin Trekking or its agents shall not be responsible for any change or cancellation of program due to unavoidable circumstances such as a road blockade, a flood, snow, unrest, cancellation of flight, delay in arrival of clients, sickness or accidents, and breakdown of vehicles. Any extra cost incurred as a result of any such occurrence will be borne by the clients on the spot. It is most important that clients have full medical and personal accident risk insurance.