A wonderful introduction to the splendour of the range of classic Himalayan culture, people and landscape. Driving through the Tibetan plateau you see the lushness of the foothills as well as the austerity of the high altitude desert. On the drive from Kathmandu to Lhasa you will be struck by the unremitting desert where vast open skies frame dramatic massifs of ice and stone against brown shot through with occasional green barley and blue water. There are temples and palace squares with art rich and varied beyond all imagination, and monasteries where the air, redolent with the odours of butter lamps and juniper incense, carries through the wind centuries of tradition. The fluttering prayer flags everywhere are the most obvious expression of the spirituality and faith that permeates every aspect of the lives of Tibetan Buddhists. In Nepal, the cosmopolitan hisotyr of the Newars of Kathmandu Valley comes alive in the sophisticated palace squares.
The views of 8,000 m peaks like Everest, Xixapangma, and Cho Oyu reinforce the awe-inspiring powers of the natural world. The trek to the Everest Base Camp on the Tibetan side is possibly the highest trek in the world. Reaching an altitude of over 6,000 m - and not crossing a high pass, but rather walking consistently high - is here not nerely as arduous or strenuous it is anywhere else.
NEPAL- TIBET (Tour Cultural Lhasa + Trekking BC in Tibet)
01. Receive at the airport and transfer to the hotel.
02. Full day sightseeing of Baudhnatha/Pashupatinath and Bhaktapur,night at the hotel.
03. Full day sightseeing of Kathmandou Durbar square,monkey temple and Patan Durbar Square,night at hotel.
04 Kathmandou-Lhasa(by flight) ; Receive and transfer to the htl. Flora.
05 -06 visit of Lhassa- Potala palace,Jokhang,Sera Monastery, barkhor Bazaar night at htl. Flora
07 Drive to Tsurphu, visit of monastèry and drive to lake Namtso- camp
08 balade around lakeNamtso- camp.
09 Drive to Lhassa night at htl. Flora.
10 Drive to Shigatsé and visit around Shigatsé - Night at htl.
11 Drive to Tingri - Night at Guest House.
12 Drive to Kharta and Yeuba - camp.
13 trek Yeuba-Shaotso- camp.
14 Pass of Shaola and Dzog Kyang - camp.
15 Lungsang - camp.
16 Pethang - camp.
17 Pethangringmo - Everest B.C. (Khangchung ).
18 Worka - camp.
19 Thangku - camp.
20 Tsoshuri - camp.
21 Nangwala and Shumaley - camp.
22 return to Kharta via Yeuba - night at guest house.
23 Tingri - night at guest house
24 Tingri -Zhangmu-Kodari -Kathmandu.Night at hotel.
25. Full day excursion to Nagarkot , to see the beautiful mountain including the Everest. Night at hotel.
26. Transfer to the airport for back to home.
Cost : US $ 2650 per person (min.2 pax),Single suppliment US $ 300
FOR PACKAGES INCLUDING TIBET
All terms and conditions quoted in the Nepal section apply. In addition, please note the following:
Cost quoted on itineraries includes:
* Airport-hotel transfer at arrival and departure
* Domestic land and air transport as described in itinerary
* Accommodation in Nepal/ Tibet with breakfast as described in itinerary
* Full board or camping treks like the Everest Advanced Base Camp and Mt Kailash
* All sightseeing in the company of an English-speaking guide
* All city/ monument /monastery entrance fees
* Fee for the Tibet permit/ visa.
* All government taxes on said fees
* Yaks and yak drivers to carry gear and loads during the Kailash circumambulation
* Ground transfers in Tibet using Toyota Land Cruisers,minibus and support truck
* The services of our Sherpa staff
* All trekking and camping equipment including Gamow bags (to alleviate severe altitude sickness), sleeping bags, and
Cost quoted does not include:
* Your international flight into and out of Nepal
* Travel insurance
* Domestic and international airport taxes
* Lunch and dinner, (except on tented treks), and drinks in Kathmandu/ Tibet (US$5-10 per day)
* Tips, souvenirs or other shopping
* Photography and/ or videography charges in the monasteries and other tourist attractions.
* Personal expenses incurred for drinks, snacks, tips, etc
* Any extra cost involved on the road should there be an unavoidable delay due to, for example, a landslide or similar
* Extra nights at any lodge
* Yak/ porter for individual use
* Rescue/ evacuation and any additions costs associated with being split from the main group or from a serious health condition.
* Urgent visa fee
Risk & Liability:
We , Tin - Tin Trekking do our best to ensure that you have a smooth and pleasant journey. When travelling to Tibet, you should, however, be aware that all tours/trekking there are run strictly as per conditions set by the Tibet Tourism Authority. Therefore neither Tin -Tin Trekking or its agents shall not be responsible for any change or cancellation of program due to unavoidable circumstances such as a road blockade, a flood, snow, unrest, cancellation of flight, delay in arrival of clients, sickness or accidents, and breakdown of vehicles. Any extra cost incurred as a result of any such occurrence will be borne by the clients on the spot. It is most important that clients have full medical and personal accident risk insurance.
Note: The full details of the program day by day itinerary ,will be provided on your request or after your booking.
We do organise any trip to tibet seperately from any destination on your request.